Msiexec.exe is part of Windows Installer, But rather executable it. Windows Installer (or Microsoft Installer) Is vital component systems Windows Modern (XP, Vista, 7) Which is the "engine" for all installations, updates and uninstall applications / programs.
Msiexec.exe usually runs only during installation / uninstall an application or during an update. If you notice that this process runs continuously (refer to Task Manager), Even if you have no pending application installation, open System Services and check if you accidentally set Windows Installer automatically run, and change it again Manual.
To ensure that msiexec.exe process is legitimate, check its location is in the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \. If you find this process elsewhere, is likely to be about a program malware (virus, trojanSpyware and so on)., in which case is recommended to perform a full scan in antivirus updated and efficient folosid!
If you happen to appear on the monitor msiexec.exe error messages about while installing a program ("The Windows Installer Service Could not be accessed"), Means that msiexec.exe process has been disabled (Check all that is their status in the System Service for Windows Installer) or msiexec.exe file was deleted (Most likely a virusTo avoid installing an antivirus) in C: \ Windows \ System32. If you are in the second situation, it will be necessary reinstalling Windows Installer to solve the problem.
How reinstall Windows Installer
First you need to rename the corrupted files Windows Installer (If they exist) and download compatible version Your operating system (currently Windows Installer 5.0Compatible with Windows 7 found only on the DVD to install it), then follow the steps below:
- open Command Prompt with rights Administrator (Type cmd in Search software and files in Start Menu, Right click on it and select Run as Administrator menu)
- in Commend prompt type cd% windir% \ System32 and hit Enter.
- type the command attrib-r-s-h dllcache and hit Enter.
- type the command Msi.dll reindeer msi.old and hit Enter.
- type the command ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old and hit Enter
- type the command msihnd.dll reindeer msihnd.old and hit Enter.
- type exit and hit Enter again :)
- install version Windows Installer previously downloaded and then restart the system again.
Download Windows Installer 4.5 (compatible XP, Server 2003, Vista and Server 2008)
Note: Where error occurs on an operating system Windows 7, Insert the installation DVD into DVD-ROM and then restart the system give. After restart you will be asked if you want to install Windows 7 or repair the system already installed. Select Repair your computer. Success!