If you accidentally discover processes wmpnscfg.exe si wmpnetwk.exe running on your system during a routine check (Task Manager), There is no need to worry (too much: P). These are legitimate processes of the application Windows media Player, Ie are part of the WMP Sharing (Windows Media Player 11 + has an important feature, namely ui can share media files between multiple PCs are in the same network. For this option WMP to be functional, it is necessary to activate the service's sharing network running continuously, even when we do not use Windows Media player).
If you use (frequently or occasionally) Windows Media SharingThen we do not recommend disabling wmpnscfg.exe si wmpnetwk.exeBecause sharing system can not work without them. In addition, neither are resource intensive. But if you do not use shared system of Media Player and wish to disable these two processes (due random, Such as a short list of processes in Task Manager or because, even if they are stopped, these processes will restart whenever the palyer is on average), you have three different solutions:
1. Disable Media Sharing in Media Player
The simplest - and most reliable - is disable sharing system directly from Media Player. Such processes will no longer restart when, accidentally or not, open WMP.
How do I disable Media Sharing System
- Open Windows Media Player and give click the small arrow under LibraryThen select Media Sharing displayed menu (or click on Options-> Library tab> Configure Sharing)
- uncheck both options in Sharing settings open window (Find That others is sharing media si Share my media). If it is unchecked, check them and click on OK then reopen the window and uncheck them - To reset the settings
After disabling sharing system, you will be asked if you want disable it for all PC users. Click on And it is. This way you disable wmpscfg.exe and delete the entry for it in StartUp (The change will take effect after a restart of the computer).
2. Deactivate Media Player Network Sharing (Services)
This method is recommended only for those who tend to work frequently with system services and know the risks of such actions.
- open Services (from control Panel or type services.msc in Search site from Start Menu or Run).
- identify service Windows Media Player Network Sharing and open it (double-click on it).
- under the tab General, Change Startup type in Disabled and click on OK.
3. Use registry to permanently disable wmpnetwk.exe process and wmpnscfg.exe
First, it should be specified that This method should be considered as a last resort to turn the two processes, Where the other two above did not work (for whatever reason). Before making any change in the registry, make a backup of them first to make sure that there are no unpleasant consequences after modification.
- Runs Editor registry (type: regedit.msc in Run or Search the site Start Menu) And navigate to the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ MediaPlayer \ Preferences \ HME. In the right pane identified DWORD entry DisableDiscovery and change its value in 1 (or 2Your choice). Then check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run if there is any entry related with WMP Sharing. If so, delete the entry, if not, you managed to disable two troublesome processes.
Note: Even if wmpnetwk.exe wmpnscfg.exe and processes are typically harmless, if you notice multiple instances of them running simultaneously or very high consumption of resources (or for some reason become / are suspicious about these processes ) recommend performing a full system scan operation, since it is well known custom programs malware to "borrow" the name of legitimate processes to deceive victims.How quickly you can get rid of applications that refuses to be uninstalled [Windows Only] »»
Old: «« Disable / Remove IIS Components - Memory Optimization
IT Tips - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux & Mobile - Wmpnscfg.exe and wmpnetwk.exe (Windows Media Player Sharing)
Users Who found this tutorials and downloads Were searching for:
- GI wmpnscfg.exe
- wmpnetwk.exe GI
- servicio activation of Windows Media uso compartido
- Running multiple wmpnscfg.exe
- wmpnscfg.exe が 複数 起動 す る
- wmpnscfg.exe タ ス ク
- Windows Media Player processo rete
- desativei todos os windows Servicos do acidentalmente