For those who caught "taste" editing registry to enlarge system performance (Or other reasons: P) in this post come with a package of 5 tweaks for optimization Windows XP.
1. Disabling pop-ups blocking secure sites (https://)
most popups that bloom snap when browsing InternetAre in for advertising (Aggressive style), comparable to spam (Revolve in the same circle). Internet Explorer activated default option is to block these popups. But with spam, this option also blocks popups from secure pages (Those who have https:// before the address), such as login pages majoriantatea banks.
To prevent blocking pop-ups when security sites, you have at hand a tweak follows: in registry Editor (run->regedit->enter) Follow the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerNew Windows, Create entry (DWORD) Allow HTTPS to which change in value 1.
2. Improve your system performance NTFS (if available for the system partition, usually C: is NTFS format)
To increase the response speed of the system, open the Registry Editor, follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlFilesystem, Create the following DWORD entries (if any) and change their values as follows:
- DisableNTFSLastAccessUpdate = 1 (Last time is not recorded)
- NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation = 1 (No long names or created 8.3 version, Version used the old versions of Windowscommunity)
- NtfsMftZoneReservation = 2 (Where there are multiple files on the same partition, MFT (master file table) will no longer be fragmented)
3. Save your settings Notepad's
This tweak is mainly for those who are dependent of the smartest text editor al Windowsacquis, NotepadSite. To ensure that settings on it will keep doing it even after you close (exit), make the following registry changes: in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftNotepad, Create values (if any) fSavePageSettings si FsavWindowsStances and change their value 1.
4. Disable the tips offered "free" by Windows in the form of balloons (baloon tips - these have the bad habit of overlapping over the important Start Menu entries)
To disable the "rain" with Information bubbles, go to the Registry Editor, follow the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoft WindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced, Create (if necessary) DWORD entries EnableBaloonTips si ShowInfoTip and change their value 0.
5. Defragmentation of system files
To optimize system is recommended defragmenting files as often as possible. To get rid of one extra care, you can set it to make the defragmentation whenever opening PCSite. In Registry Editor follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftDfrgBootOptimizeFunction and change input value Enable in Y.
For the above changes to take effect, you need a system restart.
Note: Before modifying the registry, make sure that you have made an image of the system (in the worst case, change the wrong registry will not allow the system to boot) or even a backup of the registry, to avoid surprises unpleasant.