Apple is ahead of the competition (Microsoft) in terms of operating system updates for devices produced by the company. Whether we are talking about iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV or Mac, those who have purchased one or more Apple devices have been able to enjoy updates equally to users around the world. And they will do it further.
Apple does not update operating systems so often as it does Microsoft with Windows, but when it does, it does not interrupt the user's work and is done simultaneously for users around the world. In addition, Apple also takes account of the old devices. We say that in 2018, a MacBook Pro (mid 2012) is still getting system updates and even new versions of macOS. Free and no obligations. The same goes for mobile devices.
users MacOS have one very simple system for updating both of the operating system and of the applications installed. Everything is done through the App Store in the "Updates"
MacOS updates are divided into three categories:
– update applications (backture updates already installed on the macOS operating system)
– update macOS (new versions of the operating system, which mostly bring new features, improved performance)
– update important system files and security (most of the time these updates are downloaded in the background and you are strongly urged to install them)
These updates can be made either automatically or at the user's request. Of course, it's best that they are set to automatic mode, so when the important update was released, it was downloaded and installed immediately on the system.
How to enable automatic updates on macOS for applications, operating system and security
1. We open "System Preferences" and go to the "App Store".
2. In the "App Store" settings section, check under "Automatically check for updates"What we are interested in updating automatically.
It is preferable to tick all these options. If you have multiple Mac devices and check the "Automatically download apps purchased on other Mac computers," the applications downloaded to a Mac will automatically download and install the other Apple / iCloud account that is authenticated.