One of the new Feature Links inserted into the Windows 8.1 is the possibility of running a slide show pe lock screen System (Lock Screen). Users can select photos to be displayed in slide show by adding the folder that contains them (press the add folder) As option Use pictures from from PC Settings > PC & Devices > Lock Screen.
Unfortunately, this feature is also a very battery consumption if used in laptopsTherefore users are advised to disable it when the computers are not connected to a power supply to enable them to enter quickly in sleep mode and to save battery for future use.
How do we disable Lock Screen Slide Show when we are on battery in Windows 8.1?
- open Change PC Settings (In Charms click on Settings)
- in PC & Devices select Lock Screen in the left pane, and then disable the option Play a slide show When using battery power
- then reboot for changes made to take effect
You can also off running slide show pe Windows 8.1 Lock Screen when the laptop is on battery and through registry system (Note, however, make a backup of the registry before they make changes to these):
- open registry Editor (type: regedit in Run and give Enter)
- navigate to key site HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Lock Screen
- in the right pane, identify DWORD entry SlideShowEnabledOnBatttery, And change its value in 0 (If you do not find the entry, create one you)
- and then close regedit reboot
After these changes, Windows 8.1 Lock Screen will not run Slide show when the laptop is on battery and (though this will be displayed when the laptop is connected to a source of AC). Success!
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to disable Lock Screen Slide Show When on battery in Windows 8.1