If you have decided to install Windows 8 Developement Preview test, you know that, to give Shutdown the system have to "go" a little longer than the path that you used to Previous Windows (Ie must first clicked on desktop, Then take the mouse cursor in the upper left corner - bottom of all - over button Start to display Start Menu, Select Settings Then we click on icon Power displayed on the left side of the screen).
Much easier would be to add a tile cu Shutdown directly Homescreen of Windows (Start Screen).
To add tile on the Start Screen Shutdown necessary to create first a shortcut for shutdown Desktop. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Right-click any empty portion of the desktop and select New> Shortcut
- in the field below Type the location of the item give Copy / Paste the following line:
- click on Next, Choose a name for shortcut (e.g Shutdown), Then click on Finish.
- copy the newly created shortcut folder C: ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms (Because this folder is hidden si protected system, Open first a Windows ExplorerClick on the tab View and check the option Hidden items from Ribbon to be able to access), then click the button Start tile to check if shutdown is displayed on the Start Screen.
To more easily identify shortcuts if you want to create more for various actions (such as Restart, Sleep and so on) can customize shortcut newly created her modifying icon (Right-click on Shortcut> Properties> General tab> Change Icon> OK> select the desired icon> again OK), But if you want to add just one tile on the Start screen you can skip this step.
If, after you have followed the above instructions, Shutdown all the tile is not displayed on Home ScreenMove and the mouse cursor in the upper left corner of the button Start, select Search from Start Menu then select Apps (On the right side of the screen) and type in shutdown search field.
Right click on ShutdownThen click on Pin in the upper right corner.
For adding tile sites for Restart, Lock, Hibernate and Sleep follow the same steps described above, just changing order to respond to each tile separately:
- Restart: -r -t shutdown.exe 00
- Lock: rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
- Hibernate: rundll32.exe powrProf.dll, SetSuspendState
- Sleep: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState 0,1,0
Note: For sites Hibernate and Sleep headphones make sure first that these options are enabled or that are supported by computer configuration (hardware).