If you wish, for various reasons, to block access users of computer cu Windows at options Shutdowin the Login screen (Probably because they do not shut down your PC in error, and that in the best case), you can do this directly from System settingsWithout having to use a third-party application (gender Resource Hacker) To make the necessary changes.
How to restrict user access options Shutdown Windows Logon screen?
Via registry Editor:
- open Run (Windows + R), Type regedit and give Enter
- navigate to key site HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System
- in the right pane, identify DWORD entry shutdownwithoutlogon and change its value in 0 (Double-click on it to make changes)
- then let restart or log off system made for the change to take effect (for Shutdown in restoration options Login ScreenFollow the steps above and give back entrance shutdownwithoutlogon the amount 1)
Via Group Policy Editor:
- open Run and type gpedit.mscThen give Enter
- in the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options
- then, in the right pane, identify entry Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down Without HAVING to log on and double-click on it
- in the settings dialog, select DisabledThen click on Apply si OK (to restore option Shutdown back in Windows login screenFollow the steps above and select back Enabled)
And that's it. Following one methods described above you can restrict user access the button Shutdown displayed on screen Windows Logon.
Note: Before making any system registry changes, make a backup of them; it is also recommended to create a restore point before making any changes to the files or system settings.
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to block users access to the Windows Logon Screen Shutdown options