File explorer Mac OS X, FinderReceived a new feature launch system OS X Mavericks, namely open folders in tabs in November instead of opening them in new windows. This feature helps users keep the screen clean and tidy when opening multiple foldersBut can become irritating in certain situations when they want to open those folders in different windows Finder.
For those who prefer to folders in Finder windows open different instead of open them in tabs in NovemberYou can use one of the following methods to disable this feature.
How to open folders in Finder windows different tabs instead of new OS X?
1. The easiest way to folders in Finder windows open in November It is to hold down Option and to give right click pe folder you want to open. You will notice that in right-click menu display option Open in New Tab It will be replaced by Open in New Window.
2. If you wish to completely disable tabs in the FinderSo that all folders are open in new windows, follow the instructions below:
- in Finder, open Finder menu and select Preferences
- under the tab General untick Open folders in new windows INSTEAD OF tabs
- Then, after you have made this setting, you might want to open a new folder, Press and hold Command and give double-click on that folder to open a new window
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to open folders in new windows (INSTEAD OF tabs) in OS X Finder