Most users Windows 8 eagerly awaited launch Site updates Windows 8.1Which came bundled with a number of New Sites feature, Such as Start buttonOption to boot directly into Desktop or more dimensions tileSites, and improvements such as new Search, more customization options a Start Screen's Or integration better SkyDriveCommunity. They are able to free upgrade to Windows 8.1 via Windows Storeand Windows 8 reminds them of this by notifying them Get Windows 8.1 for free periodically displayed on the computer screen.
But there are also users who, for some reason, not want to install this update (Windows 8.1) For which it periodic notification may be, in the best case, irritating. If you you are in this situation and want to know how to get rid of the notification “Get Windows 8.1 for free ”in Windows 8, You have two ways to turn off its display.
How to disable the Get display Windows 8.1 for free in Windows 8?
1. Via Group Policy Editor
- open Group Policy Editor (type: gpedit.msc in Run) And navigate to computer Configuration > administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store
- in the right pane, identify and double-click the entry Turn off the offer to update to the latest version of Windows
- in the settings dialog, select EnabledThen click on Apply si OK (to restore display notification, Select not Configured)
2. Via registry Editor
- open registry Editor (type: regedit in Run) And navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \WindowsStore (If that key there, create it manually)
- in the right pane, create the DWORD entry DisableOSUpdate and give value 1
- and then close regedit restart Windowsul for the change to take effect (to restore display of the notification, remove entry created or give them value 0)
Note: Before making changes to the Group Policy Editor or Registry system, create a restore point to ensure that you will not encounter any unpleasant consequences.
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to disable “Get Windows 8.1 for free ”notification in Windows 8