UPC is one of the largest providers Internet, television si telephony from Romania. The infrastructure is quite good and Internet speed It is enough for any user.
I do not know exactly what equipment using other ISPsTV and telecom, but the UPC that we've tested so far have been very good.
Internet and telephone, UPC installed modems are simple, the user can connect own wireless router (WiFi) or wireless router modems.
Latest UPC equipment is WiFi modem, CONNECT BOX. This ensures a Wi-Fi modem wireless speed up to 500 Mbps, stability de connection and covering pretty good in an apartment. Has the standard Wi-Fi 802.11ac si 2,4 and 5 GHz dual GHz band. Nothing new compared routers home user market.
The upside is that this Connect Box is provided free of UPC subscriptions offer. UPC so that a subscriber does not have to make an extra expense of buying a router.
If you have already bought a wireless router performance that we want to use it instead of the UPC, we have to configure the last one away and disable the router. To let him run just as a modem.
Since UPC come through the same cable: television, telephone and Internet use of a modem is required. So we will have both plugged in Box Connect your wireless router and that we want to use in the home or office.
Here are the steps I need to go through to configure their router the UPC Box Connect via Wi-Fi modem
1. First, we must have both plugged in Box Connect modem and Wi-Fi router.
2. We make sure that the Coaxial Cable (RG-6) UPC is connected to the Connect Box, that we have a wireless signal from it and a laptop or PC connected to the network. Whether by Wi-Fi or directly via the internet cable that is included in the router package. We're looking at the Connect Box front panel for the wireless and internet sign to be lit up with green.
3. Once you connect to Connect Box, you can access the Internet browser (Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox or IE) at: http: // 192.168.0.1. In the web interface that opens, we authenticate using the password provided with the modem package.
4. In the settings page, go to the menu on the left to "modem Mode"Where tick the option: Enable Modem Mode.
5. Apply Changes to save the changes. As soon as you have saved this change, you will be disconnected from the modem Connect Box and its wireless network will be deactivated.
6. Connect router to connect your Box using an ethernet cable. One end of the cable into one of the ports of exit Connect Box (4 the yellow port) and the other end into the port of entry of your wireless router
The wireless router you want to use it will be set for the type of connection DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).