Microsoft released earlier this month version Technical Preview future operating system Windows 10. Being a betaIt is most likely unstable and may contain various system bugsAnd therefore does not recommend installing the primary system. Safest method to test a beta version of a operating system is through a virtualization software (VirtualBox), But this method has several drawbacks (for example, VirtualBox users can not install the new Update released today for Windows 10 Technical Preview). The high test method Windows 10 Technical Preview and to fully experience updates included in this release by Microsoft is installing in dual-boot with another system Windows, which you will continue to use as your primary system (to minimize the risk of loss or corruption of data stored in computer In the event of any errors).
How to install Windows 10 Technical Preview in dual boot with another system Windows?
First you have to Create a separate partition on which to install the system Windows 10 Technical Preview:
- open disk Management (type: diskmgmt.msc in Run and give Enter), Then right click on the partition C: \ (Or another partition that will allow to shrink) And select Shrink Volume menu displayed
- system requirements for Windows 10 are the same as for Windows 8, which means that Windows 10 require 16 GB minimum space-bar the version 32-bit (or 20 GB the version 64-bit); in dialogue Shrink Volume enter in MB the space you want to allocate to the system Windows 10 (it would be recommended to choose a little more space than the mandatory system requirement) then click on the button Shrink
After which the miscorare the selected partition is completed, follow the instructions below to install Windows 10 Technical Preview in dual-boot with another system Windows:
- download ISO image installation a Windows 10 Technical Preview and write it on a DVD or create a Bootable USB Drive with it (you can use the utility Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool)
- Insert the DVD that you wrote ISO image Windows 10 into the optical drive of your computer (or connect Bootable USB Drive thereof), and restart your computer and wait to load setup files
- Select the language and keyboard layout you want, then click on install Now
- I accept the terms imposed by Microsoft, then select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
- Create a new partition from unallocated space (The space that you previously extracted from an existing partition) by clicking on it and then click the option New and on Apply (By default will be allocated all available space)
- then click on Next to begin installing Windows 10 Technical Preview on the newly created partition (the process will follow the normal steps of installing a system Windows)
After installing Windows 10 Technical Preview in dual-boot with another system Windows, Whenever you start your computer you will be asked to select the system you want to boot. If the time for selecting a system expires, the computer will boot the system set primary system (By default, the second operating system in dual-boot will be set as a principal in this case are Windows 10 Technical Preview). To set up the other system Windows as the main system, when the screen is displayed Choose An Operating System, Click on the link Change defaults or choose other options.
Then click on the option Choose the default operating system to set the other system Windows installed on the computer as the main system (in this way you will reduce the risk of losing important data in case of any errors caused by Windows 10 Technical Preview).
Notes: Being two systems Windows installed in dual-boot, when you boot into one system you will still be able to access the partition on which the other system is installed. Before installing Windows 10 Technical Preview in dual-boot with another system Windows, backup the important data stored on the hard drive (for any eventuality).
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to install Windows 10 Technical Preview in dual-boot with another Windows OS