I do not know which other preferences users Windows, But I one I like to have control over my operating systemAnd held here diverging small Microsoft. Such that Windows 8 se restart automatically after installing updates Windows, Which can be quite irritating in most cases. Even if Automatic installation de updates Windows is scheduled for a time that probably should not bother, it's clear that if you leave your computer on leave for a reason, and it can restart interrupted completion plea.
For users who want to prevents automatic restart of Windows 8 after installation System updates There are two native utilities through which can be solved: Group Policy Editor or registry Editor.
Disable automatic restart after Windows Update with Grop Policy Editor
- open Group Policy Editor (type: gpedit.msc in Start Screen)
- navigate to Computer Configuration> Administrative Template> Windows Component> Windows Update
- in the right pane double-click the entry No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations
- in window settings, select Enabled then click on OK
Disable automatic restart after Windows Update with Registry Editor
- open Run (Windows +R), Type regedit and give OK
- navigate to key site HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \Windows
- in the left pane, under Windows, Create the subkey WindowsUpdateAnd under WindowsUpdate create subkey AU
- under AUIn the right pane, create the DWORD entry NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers, Which then give value 1
This change registry va prevent automatic restart of Windows 8 After installation, updates their system.
Note: Before making changes to the Group Policy Editor and / or Registry Editor is recommended to create a restore point or a backup of the registry.
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to prevent WindowsDO NOT auto-restart after installation Windows Updates