Lately, more and move IT companies and offering online services use checking two-step to protect accounts users. In was in that cyber crimes They have escalated a simple password it is not enough to security online accounts.
Recent Apple joined companies have introduced another level in the authentication users, those who activate this feature (Two-step verification) requiring not just a password to access ID AppleBut a registered device in the account (iPhone or iPad) Or cod recovery (Recovery key).
- To activate 2-step authentication for the ID Apple, Go on My Apple ID and click on the button Manage your Apple ID. Login to your account using the usual methods (ID / e-mail si password), Then click on the link Password and Security (Left side of page).
- Answer Security questions, Then click on the link Get started under section Two-Step Verification.
- Pass through all three screens information (Recommended is to read what the two-step authentication means to make sure that you really want to activate) by clicking on Continue and then Get Started.
- In the next screen you need to change password the ID (it must meet all conditions required by Apple to ensure better protection).
- You will then be notified that you have to wait 3 days until you can enable two-step authentication (this measure is taken because Apple to ensure that there will be no attempt to activate the two-step verification by several persons on the same account).
- After 3 days, log in again account Apple (Using the new password) and follow the steps above again (again click on the link Password and Security, Answer the security questions, click on the link Get Started from under Two-Step Verification, Reread information about authentication in two steps, then click again Get Started)
- If you have not already iPhone or iPad connected to ID AppleYou need to add a device capable of receiving SMS verification; if you already have a device associated with your account Apple, Click on the link Verify displayed next to it (even if you already have an iPhone associated with your ID, we recommend adding other devices to make sure you can access your account Apple and in case you lose your iPhone).
- After you click on Verify, a 4 digit code It will be sent by SMS the device associated with the ID Apple for which you are checking (repeat for all other devices added).
- Then click on Continue to display Recovery code (Key Recovery) that you can use to authenticate yourself in case you forget your password or lose the device associated with your ID Apple.
- enter Recovery code for verification, then tick assertion that understand the conditions required for authentication in two steps and click on the button Enable Two-Step Verification.
And that's it. From now on, whenever you want to log in to your account AppleAfter you enter user si password, You need to check identity sending an verification code on one of the devices associated with the ID Apple.
In case you do not have access to any device associated with your ID Apple, Click on Unable to Receive messages at any of your devices? and you can login using Recovery code (Recovery Key).
Although two-step authentication may seem like a hassle and unnecessary additional multiple users, it is necessary to ensure Maximum security of your accounts onlineEspecially when you banking information (Credit cards) associated with them.
Note: Authentication is currently only available for a limited number of countries, which will gradually be added and rest.
STEALTH SETTINGS - How to enable Two-Step Verification for your Apple ID