Those who want to test UbuntuBut do not want to create a special partition for it and do not have enough resources to install a virtual system, We recommend to use Wubi installer, An application that allows Ubuntu installation from Windows (Installing Ubuntu using Wubi is similar to installing any application in Windows). In addition, there is no need to create a Installation CDBecause Wubi included in the package Ubuntu Live CD.
1. How to install Ubuntu using Wubi Windows Installer
- After downloading wubi.exe, Double click it to start the installation process
- in the open window select partition you want to install Linux, space you want to assign it, language you want to make installation and linux version you want to install (in this case Ubuntu)
- choose a password for your username and then click on install (In my case installation took about 10 min, although initially estimated time was about 40 hours: D)
- After the installation is complete, click on Finish / Finish (It's up to you if you want to restart the computer immediately or later)
2. How to boot Ubuntu installed with Wubi computer
To boot into Ubuntu after it was installed with the help of WubiIt is necessary to restart the computer
- You will notice that in Windows Boot Manager Now you can choose between Windows si Ubuntu
- first boot into Ubuntu, a few minutes completing its installation
- then after another restart which will lead the new Windows Boot Manager
- Ubuntu after you select will open Grub bootloaderSite, where you can choose to boot into Ubuntu, to start Recovery Mode or return to the Windows Boot Manager.
After you install Ubuntu, you can select the system to boot default Windows, in Advance System Settings / Startup and Recovery.
3. How can we uninstall Wubi Ubuntu installer installed
For those who want to uninstall Ubuntu (for various reasons), the process is extremely simple: boot into Windows then go to Control Panel / Uninstall a Program and give Double-click on Ubuntu to uninstall.
After uninstalling Ubuntu computer will boot normally into Windows (Will not remain any "memory" vicious ago install / uninstall UbuntuYour computer will behave as if it was not installed again).
Note: Although this tutorial is tested on Windows 7 Ultimate Wubi installer is compatible with all versions of Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7