time Machine It is the simplest and most effective solution backup operating system OS X. Time Machine ensure automatic backupfor OS X operating system, applications installed and personal files. Documents, pictures, movies and other files. Once configured hard drive that will be the backup, Time Machine will automatically back up without having to bother at all files on the hard disk of the Mac community.
Configure Time Machine backup on an external hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme router 802.11ac
1. Formatted hard driveExternal CPC to be visible / recognized by the AirPort Extreme router:How to format an external hard drive or USB Stick on OS X
2. Connect your hard driveCPC external router AirPort Extreme:How to connect an external hard drive to the router Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11ac
3. open time Machine and click on "Select Backup Disk ..."To choose the hard drive on which to make backup.
4. Select the hard diskCPC external router is connected to the AirPort Externally, then click "Use Disk".
5. Introducing password Set the external hard drive. Depends how you did when you secure hard drive connected to the router. Either by username or password on the disk. See the tutorial:How to connect an external hard drive to the router Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11ac
6. Set Time Machine: ON from the left and you can close the application. Time Machine will run in the background and will periodically back up Mac OS X, applications, personal files. Specifically, after completing the first backup, Time Machine will back up every hour, The new files appeared on the system.
It retains (limited space available on the disk backup) Daily backups from last month (The oldest one month being automatically deleted) and weekly backups of the past months. When space on your hard disk backup will reach 100%, Time Machine will automatically delete the oldest backups.