How can we connect via SSH to CENTSOS 5.6 / 6 (SERVER VIRTUAL) installed on VirtualBox.
1. First of all you have to do settings networking on VirtualBox. Before starting system CentOS, Select it and make click on the button "Settings"In VirtualBox. Going to"Monetize through partnering networks"And in the tab"1 Adapter"Select"bridged Adapter".
2. Start the operating system and open the terminal. Dam command "setup"'ll Go to Network Configuration.
In "Network Configuration"Open"Edit Devices".
Normally, in the list of devices only eth0 should appear.
Using a connection to RDS (pppoe) Through a router eth0 it is best to let the connection through DHCP.
3. In "Network Configuration">"Edit Devices"Select"New Device".
Ethernet & Add
4. The new device set the following:
"static IP"IP is that we connect via SSH to virtual server. "Default IP gateway"Will be IP router (in our case. It may differ. ipconfog / all in command prompt to see which is your ip)
OK> Save> Save & Quit> Quit.
5. go to / Etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / and edit the new file: ifcfg-eth0: 0
Command in Terminal:
dwarf / Etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth0: 0
In eth0: 0 'll find lines 4 your settings to point to which we add the line:
ONPARENT = yes
Ctrl+ X> Y & Enter to save the changes.
6. Restart network.
/ Etc / init.d / network restart
service network restart
After you receive confirmation that all device networking sites work ok, go on our operating system (Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7) And open PuTTY. At the Host Name (or IP address) get static IP set point 4 and open session.
Pornid services Apache (service httpd start) We can also access the web interface, type http://192.168.2.9 in the address bar of your browser.
Connect to VirtualBox CentOS via SSH - Settings & Configuration.
The tutorial was made on Windows 7 Ultimate (basic system), VirtualBox, CentOS 5.6 - Server & Hosting & Desktop Gnome (installed on VirtualBox), wireless LAN connection, SMC router, connection Internet RDS PPPoE.