launching Windows 8 came bundled with many surprises, among them is the lack button and Start menuAnd the feature's absence Aero Glass. Although in the update Windows 8.1 Microsoft held partly account the desire of users (eg Start button It was rentrodus, although it does not open a Start menu ci U Start Screenwith whom we got used to Windows 8) Aero Glass still missing (only functionality available in this feature is the Aero Peek).
For Windows 8 there are only two applications available so that users can reactivate Aero Glass server (Aero Glass for Windows 8 si WinAeroGlass, The latter allowing reactivation feature-Aero without effect blur), One of the latest update would work Windows 8.1.
Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 reactivates Aero Glass transparency in the latest version of Windows. In addition, it comes with the package and glow effectAnd with rounded corners window.
Given that Windows 8.1 has not yet been officially released, application Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 are still being Pre-release (version alpha) And is not as installer. Users who want to reactivate transparent Aero in Windows 8.1 Using this application you must manually unpacking and install its content, then make a few Registry changes for aero effect to have space.
How to install Aero Glass for Windows 8.1?
- extract content archive (That you download using the link below) in an easily accessible location and Full write access (For example, C: \ AeroGlass)
- open registry Editor and navigate to the key site HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \Windows
- then change entrances marked in red just like in the screenshot below:
- for String entry AppInit_DLLs the amount C: \ AeroGlass \ DWMGlass.DLL (where C: \ AeroGlass \ is the location where Extract the archive content)
- for entry DWORD LoadAppInit_DLLs the amount 1
- for entry DWORD RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs the amount 0
Careful! If the entries there, you have to create your not change other values of other entries!
We recommend creating a restore point (Or at least of a Backup Registry) Before making the above changes, just in case.
Note: The application is only compatible with the 64 versions of bits Windows 8.1.
STEALTH SETTINGS - Download Aero Glass for Windows 8.1