Layout information from a spreadsheet cells can be changed by using the command Format Cells. When launching this command dialog box appears Format Cells
• Number - To change the format of numbers
• Alignment - To change the alignment of cell type
• Font - To change the font
• Borders - For adding borders around the cells
• Patterns - To establish the background color in the cell
• Protection - To protect information from cell
Changing number format
Excel offers a wide range of digital formats, which are listed below:
|General||10.7 (-10.7)||Excel displays the value as entered.|
|Number||3400.50 (-120.39)||Default format Number has two decimal places. Negative numbers appear in red and brackets, preceded by a minus sign.|
|Currency(Currency)||$ 3,400.50 ($ 3,400.50)||Default format Currency has two decimal places and dollar signs. Negative numbers appear in red and brackets.|
|Accounting(Accounting)||$ 3,400.00 $ 978.21||This format is used to align dollar signs and decimal column. Format Accounting default contains two decimal places and a dollar symbol.|
|Date(Date)||11 / 7||Format Date includes default time and date separated by a slash (/), but you can select a different format from those available.|
|Time (Time)||10:00||Format T default contains two separate hour and minute points, but also can choose to display seconds, or AM and PM indicators.|
|Percentage(Percent)||99.50%||Format Percentage default includes two decimal places. Excel multiplies the value in cell displays the result 100 accompanied by a percent sign|
|Fraction(Fraction)||⅛||Format Fraction to display numbers as a fraction.|
|Scientific(Science)||3.40E + 03||Format Scientific default includes two decimal places. Use this format to display numbers in scientific format.|
|Copy||135RV90||Use the format Copy to display both text and numbers in the same cell. Excel will show just exactly what you enter.|
|Special||02110||This format is designed for displaying postal codes, phone numbers and personal codes, so you need not use special characters such as indents|
|Custom (Custom)||00.0%||Format Custom is used to create your own digital format. You can use formatting codes list TypeThat can be modified. The # is a booking for a total mark, is a mark 0 booking for zero? to add a space|
After setting the numeric format appropriate next steps are performed:
1. Select the cell or cell range that contains the values to be formatted.
2. Apply command Format Cells. The screen will display the dialog box Format Cells.
3. Apply a button click Number.
4. From the list Category, select the number format to be used.
5. On the right side of the box is done on the selected format desired changes. For example you can set the number of decimal number to be displayed (in list Decimal places) or how negative numbers are displayed (in list Negative numbers).
6. Apply a click on the OK button, or press the key Enter. Excel will reformat selected cells according to selected options.
If you enter a date in a cell formatted with format Number, date will appear as number (serial number of the date). To solve the problem, change the cell format Number in Data.
Eliminate numerical format of a cell or range of cells is achieved by applying format General.
Formatting toolbar contains several buttons for setting numeric formats. To use one of these buttons to select the cell or field to be formatted, then apply click on the desired button.
Of option Protection the window Format Cells allows blocking selected cell, this can take effect only if the spreadsheet secure the cell is protected. This is done by going to Protection from Tools.
There are multiple protection options: they can protect current calculation sheet (Sheet), The entire file Excel (Workbook) Or individual privileges to specific users for selective protection.