Before we start to explain As you can install modem Option ICON 225 (Mobile Internet) to Windows 7Will say users Windows VistaWill be forced to update their operating systems at Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows Vista Service Pack 2In order to install and use this modem.
download: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - via: microsoft.com (Five lang. Standalone)
download: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - "Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Server and Windows Vista 2008 year is upcoming update to Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. It Will Provide customer and partner feedback driven fixes into a single-service pack, Minimizing deployment and testing complexity. In addition to all previously released updates since SP1, SP2 Types of Will support new hardware, and add support for Several Will Emerging standards. "- Published by technet.microsoft.com on April 28, 2009.
Install Modem Option Icon 225 (Orange Internet Mobile) on Windows 7
1. Connect the modem225 the CPC ICON laptopCPC or PCYour CPC
2. In the window that opens (autoplay) select (double-click) Open folder to view files.
3. The folder will open, you will find among others, four files: AutoRunCardDetector, CardDetector, CardDetectorSetup & ModemDeviceSetup.
Take the four files turns si set for each run in Compatibility with Windows Vista SP 1 and "Administrator privileges". How can you do this:
- Right-click on file -> Properties -> Tab: Compatibility -> tick next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" -> select Windows Vista SP 2.
- In the same box, below you will find Privilege Level. Check the box next to "Run this program is year administrator". Apply & OK.
4. After you apply 3 point. all four files, run AutoRunCardDetector. Exe (double-click), wait until the splash disappears "The installation of your software will start automatically ..." and follow steps to install Internet Everywhere. Upon completion of the installation you will require a system restart. Restart.
5. After reboot, the desktop (workspace) You will see a shortcut orange - Internet Everywhere, but the error message "CoreCom initialization is incorrect: OS not managed"
This is a logical error. Installer was made in compatibility with Windows Vista SP1, and the application is automatically set to run on Windows 7.
6. Close the application and click-right on Internet shortcut Everywhere on the desktop. Set to run in compatibility with Windows Vista SP or SP 1 2 (see how to do this, in points 3.)
Now you can restart and enjoy the Internet on Windows Mobile by Orange 7 (we know that sounds like a commercial, but not paid for it: P)
Tutorial tested by Stealth Settings pe Windows 7 RC Build 7100.
Option ICON 225
- USB multimode modem: 3G + / 3G / EDGE / GPRS / GSM
- Access to high speed internet (up to 7.2 Mbps download)
- VPN - by dedicated VPN software
- Mobile connection to e-mail and SMS with Business Everywhere
- Quadband GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 Mhz
- 3G + / 3G: 2100 Mhz
- Compatible with all laptops equipped with USB slots
- Works on the Following operating systems:
* Microsoft Windows ® XP Service Pack 2 - 32 bit (Internet Everywhere)
* Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
* Microsoft Windows ® Vista - 32 bit (Internet Everywhere)
* Microsoft Windows ® Vista - 64 bit (GT Connect)
* MAC OS
* Linux (Eee PC only)
*** Microsoft Windows Windows 7. :)
For download software si firmware upgrade – orange.ro.