Msiexec.exe It is part of Windows InstallerExactly is executable it. Windows Installer (or Microsoft Installer) is vital component of Windows systems modern (XP, Vista, 7) Which is the "engine" for all installations, updates and uninstall applications / programs.
Msiexec.exe usually runs only during installation / uninstall an application or during an update. If you notice that this process runs continuously (check in Task Manager) Even if you have no pending application installation, open System Services and check if you accidentally set Windows Installer automatically run, and change it again Manual.
To be sure msiexec.exe process is sound, check that its location is in the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \. If you find this process in another location, it is likely to be about a malware (virus, trojan, spyware etc.)., in which case it is recommended to perform a complete scan and updated antivirus effective in folosid!
If it happens to appear on the monitor Error messages about msiexec.exe during installation program ( "The Windows Installer Service Could not Be Accessed"), it means that msiexec.exe process has been disabled (Check all that is their status in the System Service for Windows Installer) or msiexec.exe file was deleted (Most likely a virus to avoid installing an antivirus) in C: \ Windows \ System32. If you are in the second case it will be necessary reinstall Windows Installer to solve the problem.
How to reinstall Windows Installer
First you need to rename the corrupted files Windows Installer (If they exist) and download compatible version Your operating system (currently Windows Installer 5.0Compatible with Windows 7 found only on the DVD to install it), then follow the steps below:
- open Command Prompt with rights Administrator (type: cmd in Search software and files in Start Menu, Right click on it and select Run as Administrator menu)
- in Commend prompt enter cd% windir% \ System32 and hit Enter.
- type the command attrib-r-s-h dllcache and hit Enter.
- type the command Msi.dll reindeer msi.old and hit Enter.
- type the command ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old and hit Enter
- type the command msihnd.dll reindeer msihnd.old and hit Enter.
- enter exit and hit Enter again :)
- install version Windows Installer previously downloaded and then restart the system again.
Download Windows Installer 4.5 (supports XP, Server 2003, Vista and Server 2008)
Please note: In case of error occurs on a Windows 7, Insert the installation DVD into DVD-ROM and then restart the system give. After restart you will be asked if you want to install or repair Windows 7 already installed system. Select Repair your computer. Success!