Microsoft has recently released a new "preview" update Windows 10 for users enrolled in "Microsoft Insider Program", Thus reaching the 17107 version.
In contrast to the previous versions, this does not bring significant changes visible to users, but it solves a number of bugs and improves functions and options Windows 10 added in the previous update for Redstone 4.
It is, however, a novelty that even if not visible is very important especially for laptops that will run the next option Windows 10. Microsoft has changed the management system of Windows Update for the scenario in which Your PC is connected to an AC power source.
Windows Update – Changes in RS4
Up to this version, the system Windows Update behaves in a way that users could miss installing updates if the PC or laptop was open but not working actively. The operating system even if it had to make updates, after the preset time in "Settings”Enters“ Sleep ”or“ Hibernate ”mode, preventing updates from being completed.
We know that Microsoft often releases successive updates of Microsoft Windows, which does not install all at once. Sometimes it is even necessary to restart before starting the installation of another update.
With this update brought in Windows 10 RS5 v.17107, if the PC is connected to a power source but is not actively used, it will wait up to 2 hours to install the pending updates. It is a pretty good feature, through which Microsoft tries to avoid missing urgent updates by users.
News and bugs solved in Windows 10 Insider Preview 17107.1000
- The most "painful" problem that most of the testers have noticed Windows 10 RS4 is related to the "Themes" settings of Windows 10. The panel “Settings"Closed suddenly when trying to access the" Themes "section.
- Some "typo" mistakes have been corrected in "Storage Sense Settings". Instead of letters, some odd characters appeared.
- The sudden closing of the process is solved Explorer.exe when an external optical drive (DVD Drive) was connected
- The sudden closing of some applications when the "search" inside them is used has been solved. Ex. Notepad Explorer, etc.
- The button overlay was removed Windows Defender for the home button.
- Some users of the new versions have received the message "Please release the power button. We just need a few more seconds to shut down ”when they wanted to shut down the PC. This is a typical message for Windows 10 Insider Preview. There will be a new function through which the PC can enter the "recovery" mode with the help of the "shut down" button.
In addition to the ones mentioned above, Microsoft has also solved a number of functionality issues. We hope that when the final version is released Windows 10, everything should be good for all users, and the new features should not bring a wave of errors and incompatibilities in applications. Especially those that are not made by Microsoft.