Windows 7 came bundled with a feature excellent, namely the ability to add Taskbar shortcuts to applications (Pin to taskbar).
If you become dependent on this feature and want to please add in taskbar shortcuts to other file types as well, Carefully follow the below guidelines.
How can we add shortcuts to any file type in Windows 7 Taskbar?
- create a shortcut pe Desktop of the file you want to add in taskbar right-clicking on it and selecting Send to> Desktop (even if the file is on desktop, the shortcut is needed to be able to add it in taskbar)
- then delete the shortcut name and extension the shortcut created.
- create a file text (Notepad) and give it the name of the file you want to add in taskbar; then change its extension from . Txt in .exe
- give Right click on the file .exe created and select Pin to taskbar, Then give right-click on the shortcut in taskbar and again Right-click the name it and select Properties
- in tab General copy the location of the shortcut added in taskbar (This will be C: Users [user-name] AppDataRoamingMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchUser PinnedTaskBar, where [User-name] is User name you)
- open a Windows Explorer and paste it in address bar the location of the shortcut added in taskbar
- in open folder replace the shortcut file. exe created with the shortcut of the file you want to add in taskbar (Copy / Paste then Copy and Replace).
- then click the shortcut in taskbar to open the desired file
Note: After the first restart, the shortcut icon in taskbar it will change to the icon of the file it will open.
STEALTH SETTINGS - Pin any file type in Windows 7 Taskbar