When it comes to Viewing Files .ai (Adobe Illustrator) And .psd (Adobe Photoshop) in folders where they are stored, OS X users have a big advantage over the Windows. On OS X, icon preview of .AI files (Adobe Illustrator) And is native .PSD, without the need to install any application. It is available both preview thumbnail (small icon) in FinderAnd in the way preview fileBy selecting the file and pressing .ai Space.
Thumbnail .AI in Finder.
Preview .AI in Finder
As a solution for fast preview without the need to open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop for each file, this is the easiest. The problem occurs when we have many files in a folder or we want to do it Sort by category. For this, it would be ideal to use Adobe Bridge or even simpler, with lower consumption of system resources is to store files and .psd .ai in Photos of OS X.
Photos It allows us to import and index .aisi .psd files quickly and then sort them by category or them .JPG format exportKeeps filename .AI.
How to import, store, organize and convert .AI or .PSD files using Photos on OS X El Capitan
Altrnativa Photos is a good application for Adobe Bridge and .AI file storage solution in an organized way. Not least it is a solution for simultaneous conversion of multiple files in JPG .AI.
- OS X OS with Photos. OS X Yosemite or newer.
- .AI Files and / or .PSD :-)
1. We create a new library for application Photos. (Close the Photos application, press and hold "Options / Other”And click on the application icon to reopen it. Do not release the "Options" key until the "Choose Library". Create New
2. Be careful that the new library is not set to "System Photo Library". (Go to the top bar, Photos > Preferences to check this)
3. .ai Or .psd file import in Photos app. Drag and drop It is the easiest or Files > Import.
Once the import of the files is finished, we can view and organize them in the Photos application like any other normal pictures imported from iPhone or Camera.
From the Photos application we have two options for export.
Normal export, which will Convert .ai and .psd files to .jpg and "Export Unmodified Original" which exports the file without changing its format.
We believe that using the application for conversion and Photos typical file management Adobe Photoshop si Illustration it is a much faster solution and with a much lower consumption of resources than using the dedicated application Adobe Bridge.