Even if PC configurationYour acquis was quite "top spot" in its time ... well, it was! And although it still can not be labeled as antiquated or poorly, sometimes outdated when it comes to the use of applications (usually games) Refusing to run if it (configuration) does not meet RAM minimum system requirements specified in the respective applications.
Solving this problem consists in most cases in a RAM upgrade (If the system allows this) or multiple hardware upgrade Your system (or, more simply, purchasing a new systemWith a configuration more "stiff"). But if the difference between RAM that you have at your disposal and RAM required by next generation applications is not very big, you can cover it with help virtual memory (Virtual Memory) following instructions in this article.
Each Windows create a file called pagefile.sysWhich stores it in system folder (Windows directory). This file with the size (in MB) of RAM equal to real (for example, if you install 2 GB RAM the system will pagefile.sys 2048 MB) represent OS virtual memory.
To enlarge system performance you and to run applications on it that require more memory than they have available, we can modify (alter) pagefile.sys file size increasing virtual memory.
Careful! Virtual memory / pagefile.sys is not one and the same with RAM! Increasing virtual memory is not equivalent to an actual increase of RAM, this is possible only through a hardware upgrade (ie changing pad with more efficient RAM).
How can we increase the virtual memory of a Windows OS
- open control Panel, Sign in System and Security, Then System
- in the left pane click on Advanced system settingsThen click on the Settings category Performance
- in the open window, click on the tab Advanced
- you will notice at the bottom of the window Details about virtual memory (Virtual Memory); to change its size, click on Change
- uncheck (if checked) option Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers (Default, only file system partition is created pagefile.sys)
- click on each of the other parts of the HDD (or HDD) installed (e) in your system and select System managed size then click on Set
- click on OK and reboot for changes made to take effect.
Note: It is recommended to let the system decide for themselves pagefile.sys file size for each partition in part (it will equal real RAM for each file pagefile.sys). To large virtual memory of your operating system, you must make sure you have enough space on each partition, because the file pagefile.sys their assigned space will occupy exactly equivalent to the size of this file.