Install and Configure CentOS 5.6 on VirtualBox (Windows 7, Vista & Windows XP)
VirtualBox (Oracle VM VirtualBox) is an application that allows us to create a system, multiple virtual machines (virtual computers). With VirtualBox can install and run on Windows 7 for example, multiple operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Android OS or Linux Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora... Etc) without having to repartition your hard drive or install dual boot.
Nearly a year shows how to install Ubuntu on VirtualBox - How 10.04 Ubuntu (Linux) along with Windows 7.
How create a virtual machine (in VirtualBox) that you install CentOS 5.6.
Those interested in install CentOS on a virtual machine created with VirtualBox can use Ubuntu tutorial. The only difference is the point 4. Ubuntu instead of CentOS system will switch to OS: Linux and release Red Hat.
After the virtual machine has been created for CentOS in VirtualBox left to defend "CentOS". Virtual machine name on which you are installing the system.
Install CentOS on Oracle VM VirtualBox.
1. Selectatin CentOS and click "Start"To start the installation.
2. Click "Next"In the screen"First Run Wizard"
3. On "Select Installation Media"Select optical drive you have DVD CentOS installation or click on the yellow icon to select the hard image. iso operating system. We will install the. Iso.
4. Next & Finish.
From this step begins installing CentOS system. The steps are similar to normal installation on a computer.
1. In the first screen press "Enter" to start the installation GUI. Help more users without experience.
2. On screen the "CD Found" select "Skip" and press Enter.
3. In the first graphic screen will appear, click "Next"
4. The next two screen installation language selected sites (English deafault) and layout keyboard (U.S. English).
5. Click "Yes"The message"Warning"Stating that all data will be deleted from the virtual hardware to make installation partition.
6. Because it is a system that will be installed on a virtual hddDo not need advanced settings. Leave the default settings and click "Next".
7. Click "Yes"And this warn announcing that all partitions on sda (Virtual hard disk) will be deleted.
9. In the next screen select your time zone and click "Next".
10. Choose a word for the user "root".
11. In the next screen choose the software sleep to install. For those who want to use it as a server, it is recommended to tick only "Server"(Will install without GUI / desktop), eliminating the default option Gnome Desktop. We selected leaves Gnome Desktop and we will select and Server.
For a better experience GUI recommend Desktop - KDE. Next & Next to start the installation.
Wait a few minutes to finish the installation process.
12. Click "Reboot"At the end of installation.
After reboot have to do a few simple configuration settings.
- "Firewall"(Which is recommended to disable),
- SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux) - Disabled (Default is enforcing)
- Create User (This will need to create a user other than "root." This user will have limited permissions).
- Sound Card (Settings driver and sound card)
After these settings you will need to give it a reboot. After reboot, the system is ready.
Stealth Settings - Install and Configure CentOS on VirtualBox 5.6.Advertisements