Next the method by which you can block access to a site is relatively simple and we think it will be useful for their parents children spend a lot of time on the computer pe gaming sites, movie, Facebook, Instagram or others.
The method is functional on all operating systems Windows, and the most advantageous part is that it does not require the installation of any software or applications to be discovered. In addition, it will be very difficult for anyone to know how to remove the limitation of access to certain sites.
How can we block access to certain sites on Windows (e.g. Facebook and Instagram)
Everyone's intent, when we access a site, we need to get into one Web address. The web address is composed mainly of a domain name. E.g, facebook.com is the domain name. As a domain name has a web page, this name must be based on an IP address that will lead to the host server. The IP address of a domain can be discovered very quickly through a single PING.
If we do it somehow domain name to another IP, possibly non-existent / local (127.0.0.1 for example) then the web page will no longer be accessible. The domain name will take you to the IP address you entered. Now let's see how we can do this.
How can we block / limit access to a site on Windows
In Windows there is a "hosts" file that has no extension and it can do exactly what interests us. Through the "hosts" file you can change the destination / route of a domain. Route.
On most versions of Windows 10 Pro si Windows 10 Enterprize it does not contain any active lines. When you open 0, you will see that all lines start with the "#" symbol. Which means the line is idle. It is not read by the operating system.
Let's see how can we block access to facebook.com and instagram.com on Windows, using the file "hosts".
1. go to C: \Windows\System32 \ drivers \ etc. Here we will identify the "hosts" file. Make sure it has no extensions.
2. Open the file "hosts"In Notepad and see do not have active code lines in it. Lines without "#" in front of. Right click → Open with → Notepad.
3. Close the "hosts" file and open Notepad again (from applications), where we cross the following lines:
4. Save the file newly created with the name "hosts" on Desktop. Most of the time it will be saved with the .txt extension. Delete this extension and confirm the change.
5. Copy the newly created "hosts" file over the original one from C: \Windows\System32 \ drivers \ etc. Replace and Accept Admin Copy.
After the new file was copied to C: \Windows\System32 \ drivers \ etc, the addresses can no longer be accessed from that PC.
If you want to undo the restrictions, just edit the "hosts" file again and put the "#" symbol in front of each line.
It is very possible that after major updates of the operating system (Windows Updates), this “hosts” file to be rewritten or to be automatically replaced with the original one. It is good to check this periodically.