Next the method by which you can block access to a site is relatively simple and we think it will be useful for their parents children spend a lot of time on the computer pe gaming sites, movie, Facebook, Instagram or others.
The method is functional on all operating systems Windows, and the most advantageous part is that it does not require the installation of any software or applications to be discovered. In addition, it will be very difficult for anyone to know how to remove the limitation of access to certain sites.
How can we block access to certain sites on Windows (e.g. Facebook and Instagram)
Everyone's intent, when we access a site, we need to get into one Web address. The web address is composed mainly of a domain name. E.g, facebook.com is the domain name. As a domain name has a web page, this name must be based on an IP address that will lead to the host server. The IP address of a domain can be discovered very quickly through a single PING.
If we do it somehow domain name to another IP, possibly non-existent / local (127.0.0.1 for example), then the web page will no longer be accessible. The domain name will take you to the IP address you entered. Now let's see how we can do this.
How can we block / limit access to a site on Windows
In Windows there is a file "hosts" that has no extension and it can do exactly what interests us. The "hosts" file can change the destination / path of a domain. Route.
On most versions of Windows 10 Pro yes Windows 10 Enterprise does not contain any active line. When you open 0, you will see that all lines start with the "#" symbol. Which means the line is inactive. It is not read by the operating system.
Let's see how can we block access to facebook.com and instagram.com on Windows, using the "hosts"
1. go to C: \Windows\ System32 \ drivers \ etc. Here we will identify the hosts file. Check to have no extension.
2. Open the "hosts" in Notepad and see do not have active code lines in it. Lines without "#" in front of. Right click → Open with → Notepad.
3. We close the hosts file and open Notepad again (from applications), where we pass the following lines:
4. Save the file newly created with the name "hosts"On the Desktop. Most of the time, it will be saved with the .txt extension. Delete this extension and confirm the change.
5. We copy the newly created "hosts" file, over the original C: \Windows\ System32 \ drivers \ etc. Replace and Accept Admin Copy.
After the new file was copied to C: \Windows\ System32 \ drivers \ etc, the addresses can no longer be accessed from that PC.
If you want to undo the restrictions, it is enough to edit the "hosts" file and put the "#" symbol in front of each line.
It is very possible that after major updates of the operating system (Windows Updates), this "hosts" file will be rewritten or replaced automatically with the original one. It is good to check this periodically.