What is and what helps us Windows.old or Windows.old000
Windows.old or Windows.old000 are folders located on the system partition (usually C: \ partition), and they are created at that time when we do not do a clean installation Windows. Windows.old keep user files (Desktop, Pictures, Downloads, Documents, etc), old operating system and the folders and files programs which were present before reinstalling the new operating system Windows 10.
Windows.old000 is the folder that contains the installation older operating systems that were present on your PC or laptop.
Normally, Windows.old helps us get back to the previous operating systemIf we are not satisfied with the current one. Although this folder occupies pretty much disk space, it can not be deleted simply by selecting and pressing the button "Delete". With more protected system files and folders with rank Administrator, before we start effective deletion of Windows.oldWill be the username you are logged on Windows 10 to become ownerCPC all folders si files from Windows.old.
How to delete the folder Windows.old in Windows 10
Before you can delete we must have full administrative privileges to the user on our website, so that the operating system will not interrupt our operation. To do this, you need to follow few simple steps carefully.
Takeown Folders and files in Windows 10 With Command Prompt
1. open Command Prompt (cmd) with the privileges of Administrator. Click Start> type "cmd"> in the list of programs will be found Command Prompt. Right-click and “Run as administrator... "
2. In CMD Execute the command "takeown"To give the user we are logged in Windows 10. full folder privileges Windows.old and the files it contains.
takeown / F “C: \Windows.old ”/ R / DY
* The command is valid for the situation in which the system partition is "C". If you have the folder Windows.old on the other partition replace the letter "C" with the partition letter on your hard disk.
3. After you run this command, wait until the process "takeown"
It may take a few minutes this operation. Wait until you receive confirmation that the operation was successful.
4. When finished, close Command Prompt and go to "this PC"In system partition. Right-click the partition (C: in our case)> Properties> click on "Disk Cleanup". Wait until calculates files that can be deleted from the drive, and then in the box that opens click on "Clean up system files"
5. Wait until the calculation is made and files that can be deleted, then in the dropdown list and check identified "Previous Windows Installation (s)".
Click OK, and the folder at the end of the cleaning process Windows.old will be deleted from system partition a Windows 10.
Takeown & Delete Windows.old folder in Windows 10
StealthSettings.com – What is a Windows.old and how can it be deleted? Delete Windows.old, Windows.old000 Folder in Windows 10.